Peter Florian Stadler
Born: 1965, Wien XVIII, Austria. Citizenship: Austrian.
- University of Leipzig, Germany, since 2002-09: Full Professor of Bioinformatics. (Lehrstuhl für Bioinformatik), Member of the board of the Interdisciplinary Center for Bioinformatics and the BBZ -Biocity in Leipzig.
- University of Vienna, 1991-10 - 2002-10: Title Ausserordentlicher Universitätsprofessor since 1997-10-01. Habilitation: Venia Legendi for Theoretical Chemistry 1994-03-16. (tenure), 1991-1994 Universitaetsassistent at the Institute for Theoretical Chemistry and Radiation Chemistry.
- Max Planck Institute for Bio-Physical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany 1990- 07 - 1991-09
Post-Doc with Prof. Manfred Eigen at the Department for Biochemical Kinetics
Studies at the University of Vienna, 1984-10 - 1990-06
- PhD in Chemistry 1990, MSc in Chemistry 1988,
- undergraduate degrees (1. Diplom) in Mathematics 1990, Physics 1989, Astronomy 1988, Chemistry 1986.
Function and awards
- Member of the External Faculty of the Santa Fe Institute, New Mexico, since 1994-2003, and since 2004.
- Novartis-Award for Chemisty (Austria) 2002.
- Otto-Hahn Medal of the Max Planck Society 1992.
- Co-Managing Editor of Theory in Biosciences since 2004, Member of the Editorial Board of J. Experimental Zoology, MDE since 2004.
- Editor-in-Chief of Advances in Complex Systems June 1999-Dec 2006, Member of the Editorial Board since 2007
- Member of the Board of the Biotechnologisch-Biomedizinisches Zentrum (BBZ) of the Univ. of Leipzig, since 2003.
- Member of the Board of the Interdisciplinary Center for Bioinformatics, Leipzig, since 2002.
- Member of the Board of the Chemisch Physikalische Gesellschaft in Wien, elected for the periods 2000/2001 and 2001/2002.
- Member of the HGNC International Advisory Committee (200) 2010-03-15